Smart Home Integration
Have you accumulated lots of different smart devices over the years? Do you want a solution that incorporates the best devices from several different manufacturers? Let us integrate everything into one (open-source) Smart Home platform.
Tired of cumbersome voice commands? We’ll help you establish a naming convention that works for the entire family. Tired of whipping out your phone every time you want to control something? Tech Targets can deploy smart buttons that handle tasks for that particular room.
Home Security and Automation
Control and monitor everything in your home wherever there’s an internet connection. Let us configure some complex tasks to save you time and effort. For example, locking your backdoor at 6am can trigger turning off lights and opening your garage.
The Tech Targets Hub: Your Smart Home’s Foundation
Any Smart Home with more than a few different devices needs a bit of IT infrastructure. The Tech Targets Hub (TTH) refers to a unique combination of hardware and software configured specifically for your home. This baseline includes computing hardware that runs:
- The Smart Home platform
- An Android operating system
- A collection of over-the-air protocols (WiFi, Bluetooth, Zigbee, Z-Wave)
For Customers Without Any Spare Computing Resources
The TTH is deployed in one of three different styles to fit your preferences:
TTH hardware is placed in a 16.6″ x 6.8″ x 6″ ventilated bamboo chassis that looks like it actually belongs in your living room (multiple colors available).
TTH hardware is placed in a 10.9″ x 10.2″ x 12.4″ ventilated brushed aluminum chassis that looks like it belongs right next to your Desktop PC (multiple colors available).
TTH hardware is placed within your existing furniture. The physical footprint needed varies depending on your solution, but should never be more than 1′ x 1′ x 1′.
For Customers With Spare Computing Resources
Customers can save on the cost of initial hardware if they have at least one item from each of the following bullets:
- A PC made within the past 5 years OR Raspberry Pi 3B+ OR Raspberry Pi 4
- Android smartphone OR Android tablet made within the past 3 years (running Android 8.0 or higher)
(The above hardware must be dedicated to Smart Home performance and not used for any other purpose.)
Working With Tech Targets
- Fill out the simple 60-second questionnaire
- We’ll contact you via your preferred method (email or phone)
- During our initial correspondence, we’ll setup a time to meet in-person at your home.
- During our initial visit (which is free of charge) we will –
- Discuss your requirements in more detail
- Discuss access control requirements (in other words, which family members should be able to control certain devices)
- Conduct a site survey (which involves performing physical measurements and inspecting your home’s existing network to make sure it is ready for your particular Smart Home project)
- If your project involves using Digital Assistants (Alexa, Google Assistant) to control your smart devices, we’ll correspond with you in order to come up with a naming convention that works for the entire family.
- Tech Targets will provide a schedule for work to be done in the home and ensure that it fits your schedule.
- At the conclusion of the Smart Home project, Tech Targets will provide training to one or more members of the household according to your preferences.
- For the first month of service, all configuration changes to the Smart Home installation will be free of charge (excluding the need for additional hardware). This provides some time for smoothing out any rough edges.